The Possibility Fund’s website is hosted in the USA, and our constituent database is controlled and managed in the USA. In addition to complying with US regulations, all data collected via the website and/or in our constituent database, including data from constituents in the European Union, is treated to the standards of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
What Information We Collect
The following lists the most common ways in which we collect your personal information.
- When you sign up to receive email newsletters from us
- When you make a donation to us
- When you request information or assistance
- In conjunction with your employment inquiries or applications
- When you participate with social media accounts involving The Possibility Fund properties
The types of personal information that The Possibility Fund collects may include:
- Your title and name
- Your contact details (address, email, phone number and social media contact details)
- Your professional activities and employment details
- Current interests and activities
- Records of donations and GiftAid status
- Contact preferences
- Information about your wealth
- Media articles about you
- Your IP address, location, browser type and information on how you interact on our website
- Your bank or credit card details in line with payment card industry standards
- Any other information provided by yourself at the request of The Possibility Fund
How We Use Your Information
The Possibility Fund uses the information we collect about you in the following ways:
- To help us with understanding more about how our communication channels, including our website, are used, and to perform statistical and demographic analyses of users
- To send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise. If you indicated that you are interested in receiving regular information about The Possibility Fund’s work we will send you communications regarding The Possibility Fund’s work and activities, either electronically or otherwise, such as newsletters, event notifications, and donation appeals.
- Communicating with you about a transaction
- To notify you about changes to our policies
Access to Your Information and Correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us at the following address: email@example.com.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
How we protect information
The Possibility Fund attempts to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your personal information. No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that personal information remains confidential during transmission over the internet, so any transmission is at your own risk. The Possibility Fund uses industry accepted data collection and encryption methodologies in an attempt to insure the secure collection and transmission of sensitive user information. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Links to Other Websites
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of other organizations. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How We Share Your Information
We will never sell or rent your information to third parties for marketing purposes. However we may disclose your information to third parties acting as agents and data processors carrying out work on our behalf, such as donation processing companies or suppliers of email marketing services. These entities have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain confidentiality and security.
For example, when you are using our secure online donation pages you are going through to a partner company and the information you give, such as your credit card number and contact information, is provided so that the transaction can take place.
We comply with all laws to which we are subject. With respect to personally identifiable information you provide to us, we will only disclose it to the extent that we, in good faith, believe that applicable law requires it.
How Long We Store Your Data
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity. If you request that we stop sending you marketing materials we will keep a record of your contact details and appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us.
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail to: The Possibility Fund, 401 Parkway Drive, Broomall, PA 19008